Founder & Principal
Peter Cohan is the founder and principal of The Second Derivative and the Great Demo! methodology, focused on helping software organizations improve their sales and marketing results – primarily through improving organizations’ demonstrations. He has experience as an individual contributor, manager and senior management in marketing, sales, business development, and as a member of the C-suite. He has also been, and continues to be, a customer.
About Second Directive/Great Demo!
Second Directive has been helping software sales, presales and marketing organizations improve their results and processes since 2003, via Workshops, Seminars, Webinars, Coaching, Keynotes and other events delivered around the world to thousands of participants.
They help software companies:
- Recognize when demos aren’t getting the job done – or need to improve
- Implement processes and tools to improve results
- Sustain those improvements as clients grow and change
Much of their business comes from further engagements with existing customers and direct referrals. Their customers report remarkable, tangible results immediately following an event and on a sustained basis over years.
Presales Mastery Great Demo! Coaching Program
Retention of even the best sales training can wane over time if not regularly practiced and reinforced.
Presales Mastery, in partnership with Second Directive, offers a comprehensive one-on-one coaching program for Great Demo! students to reiterate and build on the concepts learned in Great Demo! Workshops. We coach participants on their use and execution of the Great Demo! methodology in demos to actual prospects, helping Great Demo! clients protect and augment their training investments.
Participants are coached on multiple demos over a 3-month period using an online coaching platform (to share and retain feedback) and live coaching calls. The coaching spans three primary areas:
- Detailed Demo Feedback: 15-30 points of feedback that specifically target the greatest opportunities for improvement
- The Great Demo! Performance Scorecard: Over 75 metrics track participants’ adherence and execution against the methodology taught in Great Demo! Workshops
- The Presales Mastery Demo Performance Scorecard: 95 demo best practices metrics across 13 categories objectively measure each individual’s detailed performance and coaching progress, and allow for performance comparisons across the team
Participants of the Great Demo! coaching program see enhanced retention and superior execution of the Great Demo! methodology over time as core concepts are reinforced and coached on in the context of real world demos delivered to prospects. Our clients’ improved demo performance typically results in win and deal progression rate improvements of 10%-20%.
At the conclusion of the coaching program, detailed analyses of scorecard data are provided for each individual participant and the entire team, providing clients with blueprints for future enablement, and objective data for use in performance reviews and evaluations.
Learn more about how we can help improve your team’s demo performance
Call 416-822-2011 or Email today
Don’t Miss Our New Posts – Sign up Today For Email Alerts
Join the thousands of sellers, customer service reps, and others who have improved their demo performance with Presales Mastery